The Miami Dolphins are dealing with multiple issues and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith is not happy with some team owners.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said his sarcasm backfired and Tennessee Titans coach Mike Mularkey says to trust his word at face value.
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger could be doubting himself and the Detroit Lions are playing coy with Matthew Stafford's injury.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
– Smith on NFL teams mandating that players stand for the national anthem: "No player is disrespecting our country or our flag... As thousands have shown in the past, it takes bravery and courage to speak and confront these issues as our players have, especially when it is unpopular with some. There is room for management to do the same and maybe then players do not have to risk the taunts and threats alone. This is their opportunity to lead as well and will be a true test to their motto that 'Football is Family.'"
– Mularkey on an NFL Network report that Marcus Mariota will miss another two weeks: "You can listen to NFL Network or you can listen to me. When I say day-to-day, I tell you like it is... I feel better about that one than this one. I held out hope, but I feel better about that one."
– Newton on learning from his "funny" comment toward a female reporter: "My sarcasm trying to give someone a compliment turned in ways I never would have imagined."
– New York Jets quarterback Josh McCown on winning a game in Cleveland: "It took me three years and two teams, but I got me a win at FirstEnergy."
– Dolphins coach Adam Gase on fans wanting Matt Moore instead of Jay Cutler at quarterback: "I’ll make the decision on the quarterback. We’re not going to take a public poll."
– Gase on learning of video appearing to show former offensive line coach Chris Foerster snorting a white, powdery substance: "I don’t think I can say what my reaction was."
– Roethlisberger on throwing five interceptions: "Maybe I don't have it anymore. I'm not playing well enough."
– Stafford on his reported injuries: "Why would you want another team to know exactly what's going on with you if you don't have to mention it? Obviously the reports come out and all that kind of stuff, and that's about as much information as we're as a team going to get out. There's no real win in telling everybody in America what's going on with ya, right? 'What's the positive' is how I look at it."
– Chicago Bears coach John Fox on the first NFL start for rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky: "He's got what it takes. There's no doubt in my mind. I think our guys feel it. They feel his presence."
21 de octubre 2017
|Dimitrov boosts ATP Finals chances as Goffin, Anderson falter|
|Barcelona star Suarez granted rest by Uruguay|
|I don´t want to hide - Bilic takes responsibility for humbling West Ham defeat|
|Bath look at home in the wet in battling win over Scarlets|
20 de octubre 2017
|F1 Raceweek: Fourth straight Texas triumph could secure title for Hamilton|
|´Magician´ Conte spells out willingness to fight at Chelsea|
|Otamendi and Stones making light of Kompany absence for Guardiola|
|Goerges dashes hopes of all-Russian Kremlin Cup final|
|West Ham 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 3: Murray double piles pressure back on Bilic|
|NBA icon Kobe Bryant meets Neymar and Mbappe on PSG visit|
|Chris Paul to miss Rockets´ home opener with sore knee|
|Dyche not ´running away´ from Burnley as Leicester links intensify|
|UEFA fails to fine Spartak over racist chants in Youth League game|
|Can committed to Liverpool despite contract impasse|
|Albatross helps Luiten maintain narrow Valderrama lead|
|Bernat steps up recovery for Bayern comeback|
|Hasan heroics and Malik might leave Sri Lanka stumped yet again|
|Baker out as Nationals manager|
|Higuain has ´nothing to prove´ despite latest Argentina snub|
|Scotland forward Hardie suspended|
|Suarez struggles no concern for Barca boss Valverde|
|Emery: Neymar needs time to become PSG´s Messi|
|Sarri could have been finance minister! - Spalletti marvels at Napoli boss´ rise|
|Douglas Costa secures Brazil recall for Japan and England friendlies|
|McTominay lands new Manchester United deal|
|Brown blow for Scotland and Glasgow|
|Verstappen signs new Red Bull deal to 2020|
|Rose ready for Spurs return, but won´t start vs Liverpool|
|Koeman confident Everton signings will come good|
|Under-fire Burki lands new four-year Dortmund deal|
|Conte admits to Chelsea midfield crisis ahead of Watford clash|
|Sanchez and Ramsey boost Arsenal for Goodison trip|
|Halep to face Svitolina, Wozniacki and Garcia in Singapore|
|Mane still in rehab, but Klopp won´t block Senegal call-up|
|Kaepernick not blackballed by NFL, claims 49ers owner York|
|Mourinho has ´a feeling´ Ibrahimovic will be back in 2017|
|Conte dismisses Mourinho feud as ´a stupid issue´|
|Always Man City can do better - Guardiola challenges Premier League leaders|
|Aaron Rodgers posts ´comeback starts now´ photo after surgery|
|Klopp anticipating Spurs thriller after Man Utd snoozefest|
|Mawson and Daniels join Mata´s Common Goal|
|Hughes thankful for Stoke stability after ´emotional´ Premier League sackings|
|Bosz determined to turn around Dortmund slump|
|UEFA charge Everton after fans strike Lyon players|
|Adelaide United 2 Melbourne Victory 2: Austin pegs back United after Lia double|
|Webb heartbroken by ´joke´ new Wales selection policy|
|Real Madrid blow as Navas suffers thigh injury|
|Muller close to his old self again, says Heynckes|
|Everton ban fan involved in ugly Lyon scenes|
|Boyd ´very close´ to new Broncos deal|
|British Cycling doctor at centre of ´mystery package´ investigation resigns|
|Manchester City star De Bruyne wants trophies, not awards|
|UEFA charge Roma over alleged racist chanting at Chelsea match|
|Ibrahimovic tipped for December return by training partner Cole|
|Savea replaces injured Todd on All Blacks bench|
|Schweinsteiger ´open to everything´ as he nears end of Chicago Fire contract|
|Ferrari issues have handed Hamilton the title - Button|
|Neymar confirmed wish to leave Barcelona at Messi´s wedding, says Xavi|
|Thomas battles to stay among the leaders as Luke tops the List in Jeju|
|Kershaw jokes he ´might retire´ if Dodgers win World Series|
|Westbrook posts historic triple-double for new-look Thunder|
|Espargaro edges Marquez, Dovizioso in practice|
|Raiders claim exhilarating win over Chiefs|
|Cronk wants to play in 2018, says agent|
|De Bruyne: Man City, United fighting for title|
|Dodgers crush Cubs to reach first World Series since 1988|
|Marshawn Lynch ejected after shoving official|
|WATCH: Hernandez crushes Cubs´ hopes with grand slam|
|Vettel retains F1 title hope|
|LeBron still trying to get into playing shape|