The Miami Dolphins are dealing with multiple issues and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith is not happy with some team owners.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said his sarcasm backfired and Tennessee Titans coach Mike Mularkey says to trust his word at face value.
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger could be doubting himself and the Detroit Lions are playing coy with Matthew Stafford's injury.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
– Smith on NFL teams mandating that players stand for the national anthem: "No player is disrespecting our country or our flag... As thousands have shown in the past, it takes bravery and courage to speak and confront these issues as our players have, especially when it is unpopular with some. There is room for management to do the same and maybe then players do not have to risk the taunts and threats alone. This is their opportunity to lead as well and will be a true test to their motto that 'Football is Family.'"
– Mularkey on an NFL Network report that Marcus Mariota will miss another two weeks: "You can listen to NFL Network or you can listen to me. When I say day-to-day, I tell you like it is... I feel better about that one than this one. I held out hope, but I feel better about that one."
– Newton on learning from his "funny" comment toward a female reporter: "My sarcasm trying to give someone a compliment turned in ways I never would have imagined."
– New York Jets quarterback Josh McCown on winning a game in Cleveland: "It took me three years and two teams, but I got me a win at FirstEnergy."
– Dolphins coach Adam Gase on fans wanting Matt Moore instead of Jay Cutler at quarterback: "I’ll make the decision on the quarterback. We’re not going to take a public poll."
– Gase on learning of video appearing to show former offensive line coach Chris Foerster snorting a white, powdery substance: "I don’t think I can say what my reaction was."
– Roethlisberger on throwing five interceptions: "Maybe I don't have it anymore. I'm not playing well enough."
– Stafford on his reported injuries: "Why would you want another team to know exactly what's going on with you if you don't have to mention it? Obviously the reports come out and all that kind of stuff, and that's about as much information as we're as a team going to get out. There's no real win in telling everybody in America what's going on with ya, right? 'What's the positive' is how I look at it."
– Chicago Bears coach John Fox on the first NFL start for rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky: "He's got what it takes. There's no doubt in my mind. I think our guys feel it. They feel his presence."
14 de diciembre 2017
|George has ´closure´ as Pacers continue to rise|
|Rodgers ´not coming back to save´ Packers|
|Angels manager Scioscia has no concerns about Ohtani´s elbow|
|Mirabelli: Donnarumma has to beg Milan if he wants to leave|
|ICC: No evidence to suggest Ashes Test has been corrupted|
|Marsh comes in for Handscomb as England bat first in Perth|
|Bayern lacked verve, says Heynckes|
|Di Maria wants more game time at PSG after goalscoring display|
|Monaco stay unbeaten, Ludwigsburg crush PAOK|
|Fixing allegations ´of serious concern´ to Cricket Australia|
|Gattuso: Donnarumma shaken by abuse from AC Milan fans|
|Pellegrino calls for Southampton reaction|
|Benitez ´needs to know´ extent of Newcastle´s transfer budget|
|Zidane will not request striker signing despite Benzema blanks|
|Bournemouth excellent in Old Trafford loss – Howe|
|Wilshere´s performance ´very positive´, says Wenger|
|Pochettino challenges Spurs to keep top-four berth|
|I´d be in Brazil if the title race was over – Mourinho|
13 de diciembre 2017
|It was hard to watch - Clement wowed by City´s dominance of Swansea|
|Bailly may require surgery on ´serious´ ankle injury|
|Klopp uncertain on Solanke´s disallowed goal|
|Guardiola sure record-breaking City won´t get complacent|
|Puel focuses on Leicester win, not Southampton revenge|
|Strasbourg 2 Paris Saint-Germain 4: Revenge is sweet for Emery´s men|
|Tottenham 2 Brighton and Hove Albion 0: Aurier scores a fluke as Spurs go fourth|
|West Ham 0 Arsenal 0: Wasteful Gunners drop points for third game in a row|
|Liverpool 0 West Brom 0: More frustration for Klopp as hosts draw again|
|Manchester United 1 Bournemouth 0: Lukaku eases scoring concerns after derby day woes|
|AC Milan 3 Verona 0: Bonaventura shines as Gattuso´s side march on|
|Manchester City set new Premier League winning streak|
|Newcastle United 0 Everton 1: Rooney haunts Magpies again|
|Swansea City 0 Manchester City 4: Silva sparkles as Guardiola´s record-breakers march on|
|Southampton 1 Leicester City 4: Puel serves up Saints revenge|
|Bayern Munich 1 Cologne 0: Lewandowski opens nine-point gap in Bundesliga|
|Finn: There was ´way more´ going out during England´s 2010-11 Ashes tour|
|Jaguars formula the key to playoff success for Wentz-less Eagles|
|Mourinho slams Manchester derby penalty decision in programme notes|
|This is my last season at Monaco – Fabinho|
|Bale: Football would be better without VAR|
|Thought Mayweather v McGregor was 2017´s biggest sporting event? Think again!|
|Manchester United´s Gomes pens professional contract|
|Al Jazira 1 Real Madrid 2: Bale spares Spanish blushes at Club World Cup|
|Ronaldo takes goalscoring record from Messi|
|Al Jazira stun Real Madrid to take half-time lead in Club World Cup|
|Neymar returns to PSG after break|
|I just went through my routine – Rohit delighted with latest double hundred|
|Vuelta organiser hopes for quick resolution to Froome investigation|
|Iniesta would welcome Barca pursuit of Coutinho|
|FA extends deadline for Manchester clubs to respond over alleged derby fracas|
|Wigan Warriors confirm Sarginson return|
|Magnificent Rohit doubles up as India hammer Sri Lanka|
|Dybala clever enough to listen to Nedved - Buffon|
|Willian not ready to walk out on Chelsea|
|Arsenal striker Lacazette not counting on title miracle|
|Fury licence to be considered by BBBofC in January|
|Sarginson released by Titans|
|World Cup glory worth €350,000 to Germany stars|
|All Blacks skipper Read to undergo back surgery|
|I live day by day - Buffon ponders Euro 2020|
|Remarkable Rohit smashes third ODI double-century|
|West Ham eyeing Wilshere swoop in January|
|Bairstow up to six in unchanged England team|
|Klopp reveals hamstring scare for Liverpool star Salah|
|England can still win Ashes as Hoggard urges Root´s men to smarten up|
|Vuelta champion Froome asked to explain drugs test|
|FFA refuses to speculate on Scolari amid Socceroos interest|
|Mavs spoil Leonard´s season debut, LeBron enjoys career-high night|
|Ronaldo hoping to play with Benzema and Bale again|
|Smith: Pitch conditions in Perth to determine Handscomb fate|
|Packers star Rodgers cleared to return against Panthers|