The Miami Dolphins are dealing with multiple issues and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith is not happy with some team owners.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said his sarcasm backfired and Tennessee Titans coach Mike Mularkey says to trust his word at face value.
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger could be doubting himself and the Detroit Lions are playing coy with Matthew Stafford's injury.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
– Smith on NFL teams mandating that players stand for the national anthem: "No player is disrespecting our country or our flag... As thousands have shown in the past, it takes bravery and courage to speak and confront these issues as our players have, especially when it is unpopular with some. There is room for management to do the same and maybe then players do not have to risk the taunts and threats alone. This is their opportunity to lead as well and will be a true test to their motto that 'Football is Family.'"
– Mularkey on an NFL Network report that Marcus Mariota will miss another two weeks: "You can listen to NFL Network or you can listen to me. When I say day-to-day, I tell you like it is... I feel better about that one than this one. I held out hope, but I feel better about that one."
– Newton on learning from his "funny" comment toward a female reporter: "My sarcasm trying to give someone a compliment turned in ways I never would have imagined."
– New York Jets quarterback Josh McCown on winning a game in Cleveland: "It took me three years and two teams, but I got me a win at FirstEnergy."
– Dolphins coach Adam Gase on fans wanting Matt Moore instead of Jay Cutler at quarterback: "I’ll make the decision on the quarterback. We’re not going to take a public poll."
– Gase on learning of video appearing to show former offensive line coach Chris Foerster snorting a white, powdery substance: "I don’t think I can say what my reaction was."
– Roethlisberger on throwing five interceptions: "Maybe I don't have it anymore. I'm not playing well enough."
– Stafford on his reported injuries: "Why would you want another team to know exactly what's going on with you if you don't have to mention it? Obviously the reports come out and all that kind of stuff, and that's about as much information as we're as a team going to get out. There's no real win in telling everybody in America what's going on with ya, right? 'What's the positive' is how I look at it."
– Chicago Bears coach John Fox on the first NFL start for rookie quarterback Mitchell Trubisky: "He's got what it takes. There's no doubt in my mind. I think our guys feel it. They feel his presence."
24 de junio 2018
|Southgate responds to toughest England week in record-breaking style|
|Uruguay not thinking about Portugal or Spain, insists Cavani|
|Coric stuns Federer to claim title in Halle|
|England 6 Panama 1: Kane hat-trick sees Southgate´s side sail through|
|Australia v Peru: Juric keeping the faith as Socceroos chase unlikely last-16 spot|
|England surpass class of 1966 in Panama rout|
|Nigeria v Argentina: All eyes on Messi to rescue final World Cup chance|
|NSW seal Origin series with comeback win|
|World Cup 2018: Stalin´s bunker, a space museum and Serbian specials in Samara|
|Croatia looking out for number one - Lovren|
|Heritage at back of Australian minds ahead of potential Croatia encounter|
|It may be my last World Cup - ´Realistic´ Pogba determined to reign in Russia|
|Lionel Messi´s birthday: What might the Barcelona star wish for?|
|Russia readying Dzagoev for last-16 clash|
|Germany apologised for reaction aimed at Sweden bench|
|Picture this! Sterling starts for England against Panama|
|World Cup 2018: A Russian romp, Maradona and the party in Moscow|
|Happy birthday, Lionel Messi! 10 of the Argentina star´s best goals|
|Modric worthy of Ballon d´Or, says Lovren|
|Sigurdsson ready for Croatia reunion as Iceland go for broke|
|Iceland v Croatia: Dalic to rest stars for Hallgrimsson divorce hearing|
|Men´s tennis will have to ´wake up´ after Federer and Nadal, says King|
|Tennis star Djokovic backs VAR despite Serbia controversy|
|Socceroos have deserved more at World Cup – Skoko|
|Dodgers top Mets in Kershaw´s return from DL|
|MLS Review: Red Bulls end Dallas´ unbeaten run, Sporting stage comeback|
|Hierro: This Spain team similar to 2010 World Cup champions|
|Dowrich, Holder lead Windies fightback after poor start|
|With Neymar back, Brazil are World Cup favourites – Lugano|
|Alba: I don´t understand the criticism of Messi|
|He has sacrificed a lot – Stuani praises Suarez|
|Manning says Brees deserves to break his record for career passing yards|
|Hornets want Walker to play entire career with Charlotte|
|Avalanche sign Grubauer to three-year extension|
|Argentina struggles down to team, not just Messi – Hierro|
|Casey leads Travelers by four after firing 62|
|Scotland run riot in Argentina as Hourcade tenure ends in defeat|
|Germany´s Rudy in doubt for South Korea clash|
|England produce storming fightback to beat New Zealand|
|Shaqiri, Xhaka facing disciplinary action over goal celebration|
|Kvitova takes WTA lead for wins by easing into Birmingham final|
23 de junio 2018
|Jones: England back on road to being world´s best|
|Germany survive in Sochi but questions remain|
|Germany 2 Sweden 1: Late Kroos winner brings Low´s men back from the brink|
|Perisic dreaming of matching Croatia´s France 98 heroes|
|Veron questions Sampaoli for leaving Icardi out|
|Southgate won´t blame injured Alli for playing through pain barrier|
|Travelers Championship: Course invader drives Rory McIlroy and crowd nuts|
|Saul tells Atletico to renew Oblak deal after Griezmann´s new contract|
|Course invader sends McIlroy & crowd nuts at Travelers Championship|
|Saudi Arabia v Egypt: El Hadary eyes history in dead rubber|
|Referee declines Cheika invite after Australia´s series loss to Ireland|
|Griezmann, Mbappe can eclipse Henry, claims Trezeguet|
|Nawalka hopeful of Glik return against Colombia|
|Mexico outsmart South Korea to join Croatia as unheralded World Cup threats|
|´No drama´ for Southgate after England team sheet leak|
|Hend caught by five in Pulheim as Bjerregaard goes low|
|´Little Pea´ Hernandez hits big Mexico milestone in World Cup win|
|Modric and Rakitic the best midfield in Russia - Corluka|
|Cipriani and Farrell ease pressure on Jones as England avoid SA whitewash|
|South Korea 1 Mexico 2: Hernandez nets landmark goal as last 16 beckons|
|Ozil and Khedira axed by Germany|
|Djokovic plans to use two rackets against Cilic after reaching Queen´s final|
|World Cup of penalties? Russia surpasses Brazil after VAR introduction|
|Neymar ´fully recovered´ but Brazil coach Tite has thigh injury|
|Hansen claims France ´clutching at straws´ after another referee controversy|
|Douglas Costa, Danilo out of Brazil´s Serbia clash|
|Hamilton claims 75th pole as Mercedes dominate in France|
|´Mentally strong´ Salah will overcome World Cup disappointment, says Mane|
|Pekerman contemplating unleashing James and Quintero together|