History has already been made in the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs.
Missing star quarterback and MVP candidate Carson Wentz, the Philadelphia Eagles are the first top seed to go into their opening playoff matchup as underdogs.
That is perhaps the greatest illustration of the lack of faith in Wentz's replacement Nick Foles as he leads the Eagles into a matchup with an Atlanta Falcons team that produced an excellent defensive effort to knock off the Los Angeles Rams in their Wild Card matchup.
There figures to be a similar lack of belief in Marcus Mariota and the Tennessee Titans against the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots despite their stunning comeback against the Kansas City Chiefs last week.
The Jacksonville Jaguars will be out to replicate their 30-9 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers from October when they visit Heinz Field again for a place in the AFC Championship Game.
A place in history could also beckon for the Minnesota Vikings, whose bid to become the first team to play in the Super Bowl in their home stadium resumes as they take on the New Orleans Saints.
Here we look at some of the best Opta facts for this weekend's second-round matchups.
Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles
- Philadelphia have totalled under 220 yards of offense in their last two home games, the first time they have done so since September 12-19, 1999. They have not done so in three straight home games since October 10-31, 1971.
- Since the start of Week 15, the Eagles are averaging 17.7 points and 258.9 yards of offense per game, which rank as the 12th and fourth-worst, respectively, in the NFL over that time. Prior to that, they averaged 31.1 points and 390.4 yards of offense per game, good for the best and the third-best in the league.
- Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is averaging 104.7 receiving yards per game in the postseason, the best average in league history (minimum six games).
- The Falcons have won three of their last four road games after their victory in Los Angeles last weekend. They have now forced at least one turnover in six straight away games after failing to force a single one in their previous three.
Tennessee Titans @ New England Patriots
- New England are 9-1 at home in the playoffs since the 2011 season. No other team has more than five home wins in the postseason in that time.
- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has caught nine touchdowns in the playoffs. Since 1999, only one other tight end has more than four in the postseason (Vernon Davis – 7).
- Last week, Tennessee quarterback Marcus Mariota became the first quarterback in league postseason history to catch a touchdown pass. He is also just the fifth quarterback since 1999 to record a touchdown pass and reception in the same game.
- Titans running back Derrick Henry finished with 156 rushing yards and a touchdown against Kansas City last week, becoming the second player in team history to record 150+ rushing yards in a playoff game.
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Steelers are 12-2 all time at home in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, the best record in the league (min. five games). Additionally, they are 5-1 at home in the postseason since the 2008 season, the second-best record in the NFL in that time (min. five games).
- Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has thrown multiple interceptions in six of his nine playoff games at home in his career.
- Jacksonville had 11 interceptions on the road during the regular season, tied for the second most in the league.
- The Jaguars won four road games this season. They won five between 2013 and 2016. Jacksonville has lost five of their last six road playoff games, though the one win came in Pittsburgh.
New Orleans Saints @ Minnesota Vikings
- The Vikings are 4-3 in their last seven home playoff games, but have lost two of their last three. They have not lost two straight home playoff games since doing so in 1988 against the Washington Redskins and 1993 against the Chicago Bears.
- The Vikings allowed just 15.8 points per game during the regular season, the fewest in the league. They also allowed just 13 passing touchdowns, also the fewest in the NFL.
- New Orleans are 1-6 all time on the road in the playoffs. In their seven road playoff games, they have 18 turnovers and just three takeaways.
- The Saints allowed the Panthers to gain 413 total yards in the Wild Card game. It was the first time this season that the Saints won a game in which the opponent gained 400+ yards in regulation. They are now 2-4 in games in which they allowed at least 400 yards this year, including their Week 1 loss to Minnesota.
#Saints QB Drew Brees needs 38 yards and two TDs to move into 9th place on both the postseason career passing yards and passing touchdowns leaderboards. h/t @OptaJerry #NOvsMIN pic.twitter.com/qdT8D1gLsJ— Omnisport US News (@OmnisportUS) January 11, 2018
24 de abril 2018
|Springboks legend Habana to retire|
|Leinster stalwarts Nacewa and Strauss to retire|
|Germany submits Euro 2024 bid dossier|
|Bulls prop Schoeman given six-week ban for biting|
|Amir to arrive in England after visa delay|
|If Lewandowski wants to go, Bayern will have to let him – Effenberg|
|Leinster and Racing players shortlisted for European award|
|´Goal machine´ Ronaldo more complete than Messi – Kimmich|
|Bayern Munich v Real Madrid: Is this the end of the ´BBC´?|
|Blues chief backs under-fire Umaga|
|Manly fine quartet for Gladstone curfew breach|
|Zidane taking entire Madrid squad to Munich|
|Buffon reaction to Real Madrid penalty ´understandable´ – UEFA president|
|Liverpool owner was ´bitching´ about overpaying for Salah – Roma president|
|The Spanish Inquisition - Bayern´s UCL hoodoo vs LaLiga´s big boys|
|Salah eyes Reds record, Roma´s away-day struggles - Champions League semi-final in Opta numbers|
|Liverpool Salah v Roma Salah: The Opta numbers|
|Jazz, Rockets move closer to Western Conference semis|
|Angels continue road-warrior ways with shut-out win over Astros|
|Raiders exercise fifth-year option on Amari Cooper|
|Bogut says NBA career is over after joining Sydney Kings|
|Dani Alves: I´d return to Barcelona tomorrow|
|No friendly Roma reunion for Salah, warns Klopp|
|Tom Brady´s agent expects Patriots QB to play in 2018|
|Spurs coach Popovich will miss game five against Warriors|
|A total accident – Durant responds to Instagram criticism of Westbrook|
|Horse named after Pats´ Gronkowski out of Kentucky Derby due to illness|
|White Sox pitcher Farquhar ´progressing well´ after brain surgery|
|Started from the bottom now we´re here! Wall says Drake predicted Raptors sweep|
|WATCH: Translator wins Klopp´s approval after lengthy response|
|Super Bowl champions Eagles planning White House visit|
|Swap spaghetti for burgers? Di Francesco not considering Premier League move|
|Allardyce hits back at style critics after scrappy Everton win|
23 de abril 2018
|Nothing to prove - Cahill bullish after Chelsea revival|
|Rybarikova sets up Halep clash in Stuttgart|
|Everton 1 Newcastle United 0: Walcott scuppers Benitez´s century celebrations|
|Everton debut ´virtual mascot´ before Newcastle clash|
|Karlovic wins battle of ATP Tour veterans in Barcelona|
|Salah? I can count on Cengiz Under – Di Francesco|
|Robertson ready for Crucible challenge after being ´hamstrung´ by off-table issues|
|Kings XI hold on for dramatic victory against Daredevils|
|´Shameful´ Bolivian side forfeit match at 7-0 down after fielding youth team|
|Henderson fired up for ´fantastic´ De Rossi battle|
|Klopp urges Liverpool fans to ´show respect´ to Roma|
|Juventus confirm muscle tear for Chiellini|
|Klopp key to surprising Salah success – Totti|
|Hartley to miss South Africa tour with concussion|
|Salah´s PFA award made more special by De Bruyne form – Klopp|
|Liverpool have earned the right to be feared, says Gerrard|
|Arsenal confirm ankle ligament damage for Elneny|
|Cubs´ Kris Bryant ´as good as can be expected´ after being hit with 96 mph fastball|
|Hector pledges future to struggling Cologne|
|´Crazy´ fans can help Roma knock out Liverpool, says Voller|
|Sharapova not short on desire despite struggles|
|South Africa to test unbeaten home record vs Pakistan & Sri Lanka|
|Kerr: Ginobili should keep playing another two years|
|He keeps getting better and better - Henderson full of praise for PFA winner Salah|
|Roma v Liverpool: Giallorossi have chance to write positive headlines|
|Prove you are the best - Povetkin promoter lays down Joshua gauntlet|
|Wenger will not be short of offers from clubs - Dein|
|LeBron hails Korver & Clarkson as Cavs square series|
|I may play the kids in the FA Cup next season, reveals bemused Pochettino|
|Simeone weighing up three-man defence for Arsenal tie|
|Kings wait for Bogut signing approval|
|Vieira refuses to address Arsenal rumours and Wenger departure|
|Cueto lowers historic ERA in Giants´ win|
|Spurs avoid sweep, Cavs edge Pacers|
|WATCH: Smith beats first-quarter buzzer with near full-court shot|
|Harden, D´Antoni hope Rockets regain top form|
|Man United star Pogba can win Ballon d´Or, says Ronaldinho|