History has already been made in the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs.
Missing star quarterback and MVP candidate Carson Wentz, the Philadelphia Eagles are the first top seed to go into their opening playoff matchup as underdogs.
That is perhaps the greatest illustration of the lack of faith in Wentz's replacement Nick Foles as he leads the Eagles into a matchup with an Atlanta Falcons team that produced an excellent defensive effort to knock off the Los Angeles Rams in their Wild Card matchup.
There figures to be a similar lack of belief in Marcus Mariota and the Tennessee Titans against the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots despite their stunning comeback against the Kansas City Chiefs last week.
The Jacksonville Jaguars will be out to replicate their 30-9 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers from October when they visit Heinz Field again for a place in the AFC Championship Game.
A place in history could also beckon for the Minnesota Vikings, whose bid to become the first team to play in the Super Bowl in their home stadium resumes as they take on the New Orleans Saints.
Here we look at some of the best Opta facts for this weekend's second-round matchups.
Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles
- Philadelphia have totalled under 220 yards of offense in their last two home games, the first time they have done so since September 12-19, 1999. They have not done so in three straight home games since October 10-31, 1971.
- Since the start of Week 15, the Eagles are averaging 17.7 points and 258.9 yards of offense per game, which rank as the 12th and fourth-worst, respectively, in the NFL over that time. Prior to that, they averaged 31.1 points and 390.4 yards of offense per game, good for the best and the third-best in the league.
- Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is averaging 104.7 receiving yards per game in the postseason, the best average in league history (minimum six games).
- The Falcons have won three of their last four road games after their victory in Los Angeles last weekend. They have now forced at least one turnover in six straight away games after failing to force a single one in their previous three.
Tennessee Titans @ New England Patriots
- New England are 9-1 at home in the playoffs since the 2011 season. No other team has more than five home wins in the postseason in that time.
- Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has caught nine touchdowns in the playoffs. Since 1999, only one other tight end has more than four in the postseason (Vernon Davis – 7).
- Last week, Tennessee quarterback Marcus Mariota became the first quarterback in league postseason history to catch a touchdown pass. He is also just the fifth quarterback since 1999 to record a touchdown pass and reception in the same game.
- Titans running back Derrick Henry finished with 156 rushing yards and a touchdown against Kansas City last week, becoming the second player in team history to record 150+ rushing yards in a playoff game.
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Pittsburgh Steelers
- The Steelers are 12-2 all time at home in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, the best record in the league (min. five games). Additionally, they are 5-1 at home in the postseason since the 2008 season, the second-best record in the NFL in that time (min. five games).
- Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has thrown multiple interceptions in six of his nine playoff games at home in his career.
- Jacksonville had 11 interceptions on the road during the regular season, tied for the second most in the league.
- The Jaguars won four road games this season. They won five between 2013 and 2016. Jacksonville has lost five of their last six road playoff games, though the one win came in Pittsburgh.
New Orleans Saints @ Minnesota Vikings
- The Vikings are 4-3 in their last seven home playoff games, but have lost two of their last three. They have not lost two straight home playoff games since doing so in 1988 against the Washington Redskins and 1993 against the Chicago Bears.
- The Vikings allowed just 15.8 points per game during the regular season, the fewest in the league. They also allowed just 13 passing touchdowns, also the fewest in the NFL.
- New Orleans are 1-6 all time on the road in the playoffs. In their seven road playoff games, they have 18 turnovers and just three takeaways.
- The Saints allowed the Panthers to gain 413 total yards in the Wild Card game. It was the first time this season that the Saints won a game in which the opponent gained 400+ yards in regulation. They are now 2-4 in games in which they allowed at least 400 yards this year, including their Week 1 loss to Minnesota.
#Saints QB Drew Brees needs 38 yards and two TDs to move into 9th place on both the postseason career passing yards and passing touchdowns leaderboards. h/t @OptaJerry #NOvsMIN pic.twitter.com/qdT8D1gLsJ— Omnisport US News (@OmnisportUS) January 11, 2018
20 de julio 2018
|F1 Raceweek: Red Bulls steal show from Mercedes but Ricciardo to start from back|
|Fakhar hits historic double hundred as Pakistan thrash Zimbabwe|
|Roma president Pallotta hit with three-month UEFA suspension|
|Hamburg extend contract of coveted youngster Jann-Fiete Arp|
|Steady start for Kisner as Woods endures mixed day at Carnoustie|
|Zach Johnson: Dustin comparisons are unfair|
|Neymar backs Tite for Brazil despite World Cup failure|
|Vinicius wants to play with ´idol´ Neymar but Perez calms transfer talk|
|One hundred not out for Els at The Open|
|Magnificent Maharaj takes eight wickets to stymie Sri Lanka|
|If I lose I´ll go down swinging - McIlroy ready for Carnoustie battle|
|UEFA confirms AC Milan reinstated to 2018-19 Europa League|
|Fleetwood: Open Championship is the one for me|
|Canberra coach Stuart brands bunker ´waste of time´ after controversial Cronulla loss|
|Son signs five-year Tottenham extension|
|Fleetwood cards fine 65 to share Open lead|
|WATCH: Evra belts out Bocelli in Ronaldo welcome video|
|I´ll always carry Roma in my heart, says Liverpool signing Alisson|
|CAS overturns AC Milan´s Europa League ban|
|McIlroy and Johnson on the move as Woods troubles Carnoustie spectators|
|Caleta-Car race won by Marseille|
|Hurricanes hold off Chiefs to reach final four|
|Bairstow: Unfair to compare England Test and ODI teams|
|Criticism is a weapon of the weak – Dani Alves defends Neymar|
|Thomas drops shot as McIlroy endures testing morning|
|Hazard is Chelsea´s best player and we need him – Fabregas|
|Mercedes & Bottas agree multi-year deal|
|Neymar backs ´genius´ Ronaldo to make Serie A great again|
|Sanchez to face San Jose Earthquakes as Mourinho grows desperate in attack|
|Ibrahimovic to watch England at Wembley – Zlatan will honour Beckham bet|
|Cubs use five-run fifth inning to trump Cardinals|
|Manchester United 1 America 1: Mata salvages draw for Red Devils|
|Steelers´ Super Bowl window getting smaller - Brown|
|Neymar cares about PSG and will stay amid Real Madrid speculation|
|NFL, NFLPA at ´standstill agreement´ over anthem policy|
|Guardiola: It would´ve been a mistake for Jorginho to join City|
|Angels star Ohtani cleared to resume pitching|
|´I don´t give a f***´ – Cousins hits back at critics after Warriors move|
|Merritt leads Barbasol Championship|
|Ruud awakening for Ferrer in Bastad|
|Nibali withdraws from Tour de France with back fracture|
|Fabinho: I´ll try to convince Mbappe to join Liverpool|
|Beating Messi boosted France´s World Cup belief – Lloris|
|Carnoustie saving the worst until last|
|McIlroy´s youthful exuberance could be a bad sign for Carnoustie contenders|
|Saints triumph at second-placed Wigan|
|Anfield atmosphere sweetened Alisson on Liverpool|
|Bouchard reaches Gstaad quarter-finals|
19 de julio 2018
|´What are you waiting for?´ - Alisson reveals Salah text messages|
|´Full package´ Alisson could not be missed - Klopp|
|Alisson to Liverpool: Brazil star becomes most expensive goalkeeper in history|
|Alisson to Liverpool: Brazilian´s stats blitz Mignolet, Karius|
|Liverpool sign Alisson in world-record deal|
|The Open 2018 diary: Spieth´s got ball skills as Finau proves the scratch golfer|
|Woods: Score doesn´t reflect how well I played|
|Can we go to Paris now? - Thomas in a hurry after conquering Alpe d´Huez|
|Thomas: I could have finished stronger|
|Kisner shines at baked Carnoustie as McIlroy, Rahm and Thomas loom|
|Sarri´s mentality made me a better footballer - Jorginho|
|Tax rates played a role in Ronaldo joining Juventus, says LaLiga president|
|Aggressive McIlroy doing it his way, not the fairway|
|I let him have it - Spinazzola ribs Ronaldo over Juve shirt number|
|Thomas makes it back-to-back wins|
|Ramos may remain for Spain but Luis Enrique promising surprises|
|Cazorla still playing through pain after Villarreal appearance|
|Vegas to Carnoustie - a hellish trip for Jhonattan|
|NFL training camp 2018: Five under-the-radar rookies to watch|
|Woods off to a flyer as Thomas charges|
|Sanchez given green light to join Man Utd tour|
|Greipel, Groenewegen and Gaviria latest sprinters to abandon Tour de France|