Sebastian Vettel will look to build on his Montreal triumph in the first French Grand Prix for a decade this weekend.
Vettel leads Lewis Hamilton by a solitary point in the driver standings after his third victory of the season at the Canadian Grand Prix.
Hamilton says he has no idea what to expect at Circuit Paul Ricard, a track which last stage an F1 race back in 1990 - Alain Prost winning his in his homeland.
If history is anything to go by, Ferrari can be optimistic of another victory, having secured pole and won each of the last three editions of the French Grand Prix at Magny Cours.
We look at the Opta numbers for the French Grand Prix.
- The French Grand Prix was one of seven circuits used in the first Formula One season remaining on the calendar until 2008 (excluding 1955). Only Italy (68), Great Britain (68), Monaco (64), Germany (62) and Belgium (62) have held more races than France (58).
- Pierre Gasly was not even born when the last F1 race took place at Paul Ricard circuit.
- Ferrari have secured pole and won the race at the last three French GPs (all at Magny Cours); the last race at Le Castellet also saw the Scuderia secure pole and the win.
- Renault have won the French GP more often (five times) than any other race, two of those victories coming at Paul Ricard (1982 and 1983).
- Daniel Ricciardo is one win away from equalling his best F1 season (three in 2014), he is also one fastest lap away from match his best campaign (four in 2016) and one pole position away from his best.
- Hamilton and Vettel have both been on pole position at 23 of the 26 different Grands Prix they have raced. If one of them takes pole at Paul Ricard they would become the driver at the front of the grid in the most different Grands Prix.
- Vettel secured his 50th win in the last race, one more win and he will equal Prost's tally of 51 wins. Only Michael Schumacher (91) and Hamilton (64) have more victories.
- Five of this season's seven fastest laps have been recorded by Red Bull (Ricciardo three and Max Verstappen two); they are just one shy from reaching their best record for a season since 2014.
16 de julio 2018
|England call up Billings as cover for injury doubt Roy|
|McIlroy on track for fitting major haul - Harrington|
|Froome plays down Thomas battle for Sky supremacy|
|Carnoustie record counts for little at The Open, says Fleetwood|
|I don´t see it - Napoli chief De Laurentiis plays down talk of Callejon-Suso swap|
|One or two changes required at Chelsea, says Sarri|
|Monaco confirm Golovin approach|
|Let´s keep making noise! - Serena dedicates Wimbledon run to fellow mothers|
|Full list of Open tee times|
|Fakhar inspires another big Pakistan ODI win|
|Spieth ´annoyed´ by re-watch of 13th hole|
|Kaka claims Ronaldo arrival will boost all Italian clubs|
|Spieth vows to be more artist than tactician in Open defence|
|Conte thanks Chelsea players, staff and fans|
|Rodgers: I´d love to play with the Packers to 40|
|Sevilla insist N´Zonzi will cost €40m|
|Hugill shows mystic powers with accurate World Cup predictions|
|World Cup 2018: FARE ready for post-tournament challenges in Russia|
|Woods grouped with Matsuyama and Knox at Open|
|Matthaus questions idea of French dynasty|
|Chandimal, Sri Lanka coach and manager banned for two Tests and four ODIs|
|Sassuolo demand at least €30m for Berardi|
|French media revels in ´crazy´ triumph|
|Mafi released on bail after alleged assault|
|Bierhoff must go! Berthold calls for Germany changes|
|Joshua to fight Povetkin in September|
|World Cup 2018: Goal-laden final adds to staggering World Cup stats|
|Runners and Ryders: Molinari impresses again as stars prepare for The Open|
|Macron to greet France team after Champs Elysees parade|
|Casillas and Suarez critical of VAR after World Cup final|
|TMO protocol clearly not working, says SANZAAR|
|Americans seek joy of six at Carnoustie, Rose out to end wretched run - The Open in Opta facts|
|Ronaldo arrives in Turin for Juventus medical|
|Stone: I had no idea what my score was!|
|The Open: A look back at Van de Velde´s Carnoustie calamity|
|Rakitic proud of ´brother´ Modric´s Golden Ball award|
|Serena can surpass Court, but Graf was the real target - Krajicek|
|Ronaldo moved to remain motivated - Kaka|
|Silva confident on Everton transfer targets|
|Golden Boot winner Kane aims to break August hoodoo|
|NFL training camp 2018: Contract holdouts and where they stand|
|Guardiola took me to another level - Alaba|
|Madrid selling Ronaldo a ´historic error´ - Calderon|
|MLS Review: LAFC, Atlanta held at home|
|Stones will watch re-runs of England´s World Cup matches|
|Ferdinand challenges Mourinho to unleash Pogba at United|
|Mbappe: I´m staying at PSG|
|Former NHL goalie Ray Emery found dead|
|Pirates secure five-game sweep of Brewers with walk-off win|
|WATCH: LeBron receives standing ovation at Lakers´ summer league game|
|Tony Romo wins celebrity-filled American Century Championship|
|McGregor praises Putin after attending World Cup final|
|Open-bound Kim claims maiden title with eight-shot triumph|
|Eagles running back Sproles plans to retire after next season|
|World Cup winner Rami retires from international football|
15 de julio 2018
|Wimbledon champion Djokovic did not expect grand slam glory so soon|
|Ibrahimovic praises Pogba after World Cup final display|
|Wimbledon diary: Avengers too late for an Infinity War as Djokovic triumphs|
|Deschamp-agne – France´s 2018 vintage interrupt news conference to drench coach|
|I may have to dust my boots off! - Pele threatened by Mbappe exploits|
|WATCH: Mendy and Pogba dab with president Macron after World Cup win|
|Woods embracing ´different´ Carnoustie challenge ahead of Open return|
|Argentina dismiss Sampaoli after chaotic World Cup|
|France celebrates World Cup triumph|
|Djokovic made ´improvised Wimbledon trophies´ as a boy|
|Stone goes agonisingly close to 59 as Pepperell & Dantorp also make Open|
|Outcast Benzema delights in France win|
|Final a triumph in itself given Croatia´s off-field turmoil|
|Anderson laments Wimbledon final nerves|
|Deschamps joins elite club, Mbappe second to Pele - the best stats from the World Cup final|