Sebastian Vettel will look to build on his Montreal triumph in the first French Grand Prix for a decade this weekend.
Vettel leads Lewis Hamilton by a solitary point in the driver standings after his third victory of the season at the Canadian Grand Prix.
Hamilton says he has no idea what to expect at Circuit Paul Ricard, a track which last stage an F1 race back in 1990 - Alain Prost winning his in his homeland.
If history is anything to go by, Ferrari can be optimistic of another victory, having secured pole and won each of the last three editions of the French Grand Prix at Magny Cours.
We look at the Opta numbers for the French Grand Prix.
- The French Grand Prix was one of seven circuits used in the first Formula One season remaining on the calendar until 2008 (excluding 1955). Only Italy (68), Great Britain (68), Monaco (64), Germany (62) and Belgium (62) have held more races than France (58).
- Pierre Gasly was not even born when the last F1 race took place at Paul Ricard circuit.
- Ferrari have secured pole and won the race at the last three French GPs (all at Magny Cours); the last race at Le Castellet also saw the Scuderia secure pole and the win.
- Renault have won the French GP more often (five times) than any other race, two of those victories coming at Paul Ricard (1982 and 1983).
- Daniel Ricciardo is one win away from equalling his best F1 season (three in 2014), he is also one fastest lap away from match his best campaign (four in 2016) and one pole position away from his best.
- Hamilton and Vettel have both been on pole position at 23 of the 26 different Grands Prix they have raced. If one of them takes pole at Paul Ricard they would become the driver at the front of the grid in the most different Grands Prix.
- Vettel secured his 50th win in the last race, one more win and he will equal Prost's tally of 51 wins. Only Michael Schumacher (91) and Hamilton (64) have more victories.
- Five of this season's seven fastest laps have been recorded by Red Bull (Ricciardo three and Max Verstappen two); they are just one shy from reaching their best record for a season since 2014.
26 de marzo 2019
|The Australia ball-tampering scandal one year on: A timeline|
|Nurkic carried off on stretcher after sickening injury|
|Magic shock 76ers, Nurkic suffers gruesome leg injury|
|Jazz´s Gobert sets NBA single-season dunk record|
|Halep eliminates Venus, Andreescu´s succumbs to injury|
|Federer rolls on as Dimitrov departs Miami|
|Pique calls for respect after Catalonia friendly|
|Lozano ´absolutely ready´ for big transfer amid United links – Martino|
|It would be an honour to coach LeBron and Lakers, admits Kidd|
|De Ligt: We´ll see where I end up|
|Pelicans owner Benson denies team could move to Seattle|
|Eagles ´working toward´ extension for QB Wentz – Roseman|
|Gruden: Carr won´t leave Raiders|
|Ronaldo upbeat over Euro 2020 chances despite back-to-back draws|
|France players had a lot of fun in Iceland rout – Deschamps|
|Day & Mickelson headline star-studded group, Tiger seeking fourth title|
|Ronaldo expects to return within two weeks|
|Sterling demands UEFA makes an example of Montenegro after alleged racist abuse|
|We are equal – Hudson-Odoi slams ´monkey´ chants|
25 de marzo 2019
|Barkley hails England´s character after resounding win|
|Federer sails through to fourth round in Miami|
|Southgate ´definitely heard´ racist chants aimed at Rose|
|Under-fire Ashwin defends Buttler ´Mankad´|
|Portugal 1 Serbia 1: Ronaldo injured as Group B favourites draw again|
|Montenegro 1 England 5: Barkley stars as rampant Three Lions hit five again|
|France 4 Iceland 0: Mbappe on target as Les Bleus maintain perfect start|
|Argentina boss Scaloni has no doubts over Messi´s Copa America involvlement|
|Injured Andreescu retires in Miami to put Kontaveit through|
|Mbappe takes Benzema´s France record|
|Ronaldo goes off injured in Portugal´s clash with Serbia|
|A lack of goals? Spain average more than Barca – Luis Enrique|
|Mancini warns Italy that Liechtenstein match could be ´dangerous´|
|Bears and Packers to kick off 100th NFL season|
|Godin proud to make Uruguay history|
|Ashwin ´Mankads´ fuming Buttler to set up Kings XI win|
|Rice, Hudson-Odoi handed first England starts in Montenegro|
|Gronkowski agent leaves door open for return|
|Wolff braced for Ferrari response in Bahrain|
|WWE, films or partying - What next for Gronkowski following retirement?|
|MLB 2019 preview: Five storylines to watch|
|Banega glad to see Monchi back at Sevilla|
|All Blacks captain Read to make Crusaders return|
|Chelsea transfer ban appeal hearing set for April|
|Argentina expect Messi to do everything - Valdano|
|MLB 2019 preview: Five bold predictions for the upcoming season|
|Brain injury charity questions concussion protocol after Schar injury|
|Phelan hoping to continue dual role with United and Mariners|
|Cooley handed Australia coaching role for Ashes|
|Neymar will inspire like Pele, Zico, Romario - father|
|Joelinton committed to Hoffenheim amid Newcastle, Leipzig links|
|SpongeBob, WWE & dancing in the mirror - The best of retiring Gronkowski´s quotes|
|Neymar in PSG contract talks, says father|
|Schalke and USA midfielder McKennie ruptures ankle ligament|
|Thailand 0 Uruguay 4: Vecino helps seal China Cup title|
|Alisson missing Brazil but feels at home at Liverpool|
|Charnley called up to England performance squad|
|Kante focused on Chelsea amid Madrid links|
|Mourinho: Zidane the right man for Real Madrid|
|Skerritt elected president of Cricket West Indies|
|Nike bow out with patchwork Manchester City ´celebration´ shirt|
|Alli believes England can be the best in the world|
|Curry: Surreal that Warriors have won 50 games again|
|LeBron won´t ´cheat the game´ even with Lakers out of playoff contention|
|Inter play better with Lautaro, says Pirlo|
|Zorc knows nothing of United interest in Sancho|
|Not in a million years! - Hornets´ Lamb in disbelief over game-winner|
|Sterling has qualities to be England captain - Southgate|
|Morocco frustrated by Messi´s friendly absence|
|The Australia ball-tampering scandal one year on: Have the batsmen filled the Smith-Warner void?|
|Giants owner: Beckham trade left grandsons crying|