Kevin Durant's superstar performances for the Golden State Warriors see him join the likes of Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal in NBA Finals history.
Durant's decision to join the Warriors from the Oklahoma City Thunder ahead of the season was met with acrimony from fans and pundits alike.
But as the Warriors sealed a 4-1 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers - gaining revenge having collapsed from 3-1 up against the same opponents last year - Durant's switch has been vindicated.
Not only did he claim his maiden NBA championship, but Durant was named Finals MVP following a string of displays that left Stephen Curry and LeBron James in his shadow.
With the help of Opta, we take a look at some of the numbers behind the Warriors' second title in three years.
- Kevin Durant became just the sixth player to score 30+ points in every game in a NBA Finals series, after Elgin Baylor, Ricky Barry, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaquille O'Neal (twice).
- His 35.2 points per game ranks as the 10th-highest in NBA Finals history. He is also the first player since LeBron James in 2014-15 to average 35+ in a NBA Finals.
- Golden State became the fifth team in NBA Finals history to score 129+ points multiple times in a single series, and the first to do so since the Portland Trail Blazers in 1977.
- The Warriors averaged 119.3 points per game throughout the playoffs. Since 1996, only three teams averaged at least 112.0 points throughout the playoffs – the 2016-17 Cleveland Cavaliers (116.2 in 18 games played), the 2013-14 Houston Rockets (112.0 in six games played) and the 2004-05 Phoenix Suns (112.0 in 15 games played).
- Golden State made 216 three-pointers in the postseason, the sixth-most in NBA history. They made 38.6 per cent of their threes, becoming the 13th team to make at least 38.5 per cent of their three-point attempts in a postseason (min. 300 3PAs).
- Stephen Curry averaged 4.2 three-pointers per playoff game, the fifth-most in NBA history among players who played at least four games in that year's playoffs. It is the third time he has averaged more than four three-pointers in a single postseason – no other player has done so more than once.
- In the regular season, the Warriors scored 120+ points 32 times, becoming the 15th team since the start of the 1986 regular season to score that many points 30-or-more times in a single season, and the first to do so in back-to-back seasons since the Phoenix Suns in 1988-89 and 1989-90 (the Warriors scored 120+ points 20 times last season).
- LeBron James became the first player ever to average a triple-double in the NBA Finals.
25 de junio 2017
|Verratti denies giving interview about future|
|Aguero will stay at Man City – agent|
|All Blacks bring in McKenzie after Smith setback|
|Spieth grabs Travelers lead with late birdie|
|Messi at 30: Ronaldinho, Eto´o and Neymar lead birthday tributes|
24 de junio 2017
|Confederations Cup Diary: Broos bristles at holiday topic, Low turns ball boy and it takes all saw-t|
|Germany through to U-21 Euros semis despite Italy defeat|
|Diego Alves´ representatives deny talk of Roma agreement|
|Springboks awaiting news on Whiteley injury|
|We´re working our a**** off to win Confederations Cup, says Mexico star Hernandez|
|Arsenal have to pay €65m for Lacazette - Lyon president Aulas|
|Former Bayern Munich striker Olic announces retirement|
|Mexico fight to the bitter end – Osorio|
|WATCH: Genius Guardiola lands stunning golf shot|
|Cherchesov hits out at ´unnamed sources´ amid Russia sack talk|
|Sensational Cilic sets up Lopez final at Queens|
|Marseille agree deal for Monaco striker Germain|
|Poels disappointed by Tour de France snub|
|Confederations Cup Social Diary: All Blacks thrill All White as Portuguese rack up milestones|
|Garcia kept in check by Bland|
|Ronaldo confident after leading Portugal to Confederations Cup semi-finals|
|Akinfeev horror-show underlines same old story for Russia|
|Germany´s B team are very good - Cameroon boss Broos under no illusions|
|Sevastova gets revenge on Garcia in Mallorca, Goerges breezes into final|
|Rampant Springboks whitewash France|
|Warrington spoil McNamara´s Super League homecoming|
|Ronaldo leads the way in Portugal procession|
|Watford snap up England U21 midfielder Hughes from Derby|
|New Zealand 0 Portugal 4: Ronaldo on target as European champions win group to reach semis|
|Mexico 2 Russia 1: Akinfeev error sends hosts crashing out|
|Federer to face Zverev in Halle final|
|Australia permutations are perfect, says Postecoglou|
|Kvitova reaches first final since injury, Muguruza beaten|
|Sevilla making ´great effort´ to re-sign Jovetic and Banega|
|Postecoglou hails Cahill as a ´great Australian who transcends sport´|
|We know each other by heart - Cavani talks up Pastore partnership|
|Hamilton snatches Baku pole from Bottas|
|Ford steps down as Sri Lanka coach|
|I do not want to continue for money – No China or MLS appeal for retired Arbeloa|
|Zarco claims maiden MotoGP pole in Assen|
|Antonio´s injury recovery on schedule for new West Ham season|
|The cat that got the seam? Pitch invader interrupts England´s World Cup opener|
|Cameroon want to honour beloved Foe|
|Brazil can win World Cup, says old tormentor Low|
|Inter ´want to loan´ Gabigol with English and Spanish clubs keen|
|Messi at 30: Garcia tips Messi to retire at Camp Nou|
|Goretzka ´carefully planning´ next move amid Arsenal links|
|Bravo! Claudio could return for Socceroos clash|
|Inter need ´men´ like Valero, says Spalletti|
|Pearce golden-point winner downs NRL leaders Storm|
|Messi at 30: The prizes that got away with Argentina|
|New Zealand 30 Lions 15: Top Opta facts|
|One of the best I´ve seen! - Hansen raves about Lions try|
|Demarai Gray set to stay at Leicester despite ´frustrating´ season|
|Germany injury worry over Liverpool´s Can|
|Stunning O´Brien try one to savour for beaten Lions|
|Lions shortcomings can be fixed, says Gatland|
|Defence won All Blacks the game - Read|
|Cameroon´s Djoum sets sights on ´big player´ Draxler|
|Mourinho will attract huge players to Man Utd, says Yorke|
|O´Mahony: Lions must be more clinical|
|Messi at 30: De Boer says much more still to come from ´best player ever seen´|
|New Zealand 30 Lions 15: The key moments|
|New Zealand 30 Lions 15: Wasted chances costly as All Blacks take opener|
|Muriel hoping for ´concrete´ transfer offer amid Atletico and Inter interest|
|Messi at 30: Leo or Cristiano? Cherish them both as time waits for no man|
|Barcelona target Verratti tells PSG: I will stay if you buy champions|
|Ireland finish tour with perfect record after Japan win|
|Messi at 30: From the Champions League to the World Cup - 10 of his best goals|
|Viral rant proves inspirational as Wallabies hold on to beat Italy|