Kevin Durant's superstar performances for the Golden State Warriors see him join the likes of Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal in NBA Finals history.
Durant's decision to join the Warriors from the Oklahoma City Thunder ahead of the season was met with acrimony from fans and pundits alike.
But as the Warriors sealed a 4-1 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers - gaining revenge having collapsed from 3-1 up against the same opponents last year - Durant's switch has been vindicated.
Not only did he claim his maiden NBA championship, but Durant was named Finals MVP following a string of displays that left Stephen Curry and LeBron James in his shadow.
With the help of Opta, we take a look at some of the numbers behind the Warriors' second title in three years.
- Kevin Durant became just the sixth player to score 30+ points in every game in a NBA Finals series, after Elgin Baylor, Ricky Barry, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaquille O'Neal (twice).
- His 35.2 points per game ranks as the 10th-highest in NBA Finals history. He is also the first player since LeBron James in 2014-15 to average 35+ in a NBA Finals.
- Golden State became the fifth team in NBA Finals history to score 129+ points multiple times in a single series, and the first to do so since the Portland Trail Blazers in 1977.
- The Warriors averaged 119.3 points per game throughout the playoffs. Since 1996, only three teams averaged at least 112.0 points throughout the playoffs – the 2016-17 Cleveland Cavaliers (116.2 in 18 games played), the 2013-14 Houston Rockets (112.0 in six games played) and the 2004-05 Phoenix Suns (112.0 in 15 games played).
- Golden State made 216 three-pointers in the postseason, the sixth-most in NBA history. They made 38.6 per cent of their threes, becoming the 13th team to make at least 38.5 per cent of their three-point attempts in a postseason (min. 300 3PAs).
- Stephen Curry averaged 4.2 three-pointers per playoff game, the fifth-most in NBA history among players who played at least four games in that year's playoffs. It is the third time he has averaged more than four three-pointers in a single postseason – no other player has done so more than once.
- In the regular season, the Warriors scored 120+ points 32 times, becoming the 15th team since the start of the 1986 regular season to score that many points 30-or-more times in a single season, and the first to do so in back-to-back seasons since the Phoenix Suns in 1988-89 and 1989-90 (the Warriors scored 120+ points 20 times last season).
- LeBron James became the first player ever to average a triple-double in the NBA Finals.
22 de enero 2018
|Holding: Kohli not great until he scores runs in England|
|Fekir: Lyon still targeting Champions League despite PSG win|
|J.J. Watt named Walter Payton Man of the Year finalist|
|Wenger suggests Sanchez is joining Manchester United for money|
|Brady produces stunning fourth-quarter comeback as Patriots reach 10th Super Bowl|
|Hazard: Chelsea don´t need to buy a striker|
21 de enero 2018
|Rakitic hails ´patient´ Barcelona after Real Betis rout|
|Neymar? I´d rather watch the golf, says Bale|
|Mbappe injury from goalkeeper collision ´nothing serious´|
|Don´t look back - Guardiola gives Manchester City title warning|
|Vermaelen to face tests on new hamstring injury|
|Conte wants ´point of reference´ striker as Barnes joins surprising Chelsea links|
|Sane the perfect tonic to Sanchez blues for City and Guardiola|
|Suarez scores 100th LaLiga goal as Messi reaches new milestones|
|Irving scores 40 points on return but Celtics lose again|
|Lyon 2 Paris Saint-Germain 1: 10-man leaders downed by twin wondergoals|
|Inter 1 Roma 1: Vecino snatches point on possible Dzeko farewell|
|Real Betis 0 Barcelona 5: Messi, Suarez rampant as leaders go 11 points clear|
|PSG star Mbappe injured in goalkeeper collision|
|Smith rejects ball tampering talk|
|Monchi: Roma will replace Dzeko|
|Kessie a far better player than I was, claims AC Milan coach Gattuso|
|Neymar to Real Madrid stories manufactured by Spanish press, claims Marquinhos|
|Brady active with taped throwing hand for AFC Championship Game|
|Cagliari 1 AC Milan 2: Kessie at the double in comeback win|
|Watford hire Javi Gracia as Marco Silva successor|
|I am happy with our squad - Pochettino denies Malcom rumours|
|Not much changed - Zidane boosted by clinical Madrid|
|No chance of January move, says Vidal|
|Saracens edge into last eight as Wasps and Ulster miss out|
|Selfie or stitches? Ronaldo bloodied after Madrid brace|
|Heynckes hails Bayern win: This is what sets us apart|
|Southampton 1 Tottenham 1: Kane earns visitors a point|
|Silva assured of chances at AC Milan after latest first-team snub|
|Saracens scrape into Champions Cup last eight|
|Goretzka´s Schalke return marred by abuse|
|Real Madrid 7 Deportivo La Coruna 1: Seven-up for Zidane´s men as Bale shines|
|McIlroy ´in really good shape´ after Abu Dhabi return|
|Muller brings up 100 Bundesliga goals in Bayern win|
|Dimitrov places Kyrgios among tennis´ most talented after Melbourne classic|
|Bayern Munich 4 Werder Bremen 2: Lewandowski & Muller at the double to spare champions´ blushes|
|Do Arsenal or Man Utd get the better deal? Sanchez v Mkhitaryan in Opta numbers|
|Edmund: I can win Australian Open|
|Pele ´fine´ and in ´no pain´ after reported health concerns|
|Dimitrov can go all the way, claims Kyrgios|
|Dominant Wozniacki sets up Suarez Navarro showdown|
|Brilliant back nine sees Fleetwood retain title|
|Surgery pushes Pocock´s Brumbies return back three months|
|No mercenary? Sanchez endorses article defending imminent Man Utd move|
|Allegri expects Buffon to be ´fully recovered´ within a week|
|Atletico Madrid confirm Costa hamstring injury|
|Thisara stars as Sri Lanka stay alive in tri-nation series|
|Atalanta 0 Napoli 1: Mertens ends drought to keep visitors top|
|Nadal through to meet Cilic as Dimitrov downs Kyrgios|
|Dimitrov holds off Kyrgios as wait for home champion goes on|
|Alexis Sanchez boards plane ahead of reported Man United medical|
|Smith not sour over controversial dismissal|
|Buttler the difference for England, says Morgan|
|Hamburg dismiss Gisdol after fourth loss in a row|
|Brilliant Buttler century sets up England series win|
|Melbourne City 5 Adelaide United 0: Budzinksi & Vidosic braces inspire emphatic win|
|Marco Silva sacked by Watford following ´significant deterioration´|
|Nadal promises greater aggression in the last eight|
|Deschamps knows my thoughts - Lucas Hernandez hints at France decision|
|Nadal battles past Schwartzman in Melbourne|
|Wozniacki: I have nothing to lose|
|Impey claims historic Tour Down Under win|
|Rockets end Warriors´ 14-game road winning streak|
|Klopp: Liverpool wouldn´t sell to rivals during season|
|Spence retains IBF welterweight title with TKO of Peterson|