A clash between St George Illawarra Dragons and South Sydney Rabbitohs will kick off round two of the 2019 NRL season on Thursday.
The Bunnies claimed the standout result of week one, beating city rivals and defending champions Sydney Roosters 26-16 at the SCG.
That win owed much to Sam Burgess and Cameron Murray, who each made an impact in attack and defence.
Details of their impressive showings are included in our look at the best Opta facts for the upcoming fixtures.
St George Illawarra Dragons (0-1) v South Sydney Rabbitohs (1-0)
- The Rabbitohs have won eight of their last 10 NRL games against the Dragons, coming from behind to win by a solitary point in their most recent encounter.
- Bunnies duo Sam Burgess (21 carries, 23 tackles) and Cameron Murray (20 carries, 30 tackles) were two of only three players to make at least 20 carries and at least 20 tackles in round one (also David Klemmer - 20 carries, 27 tackles).
Canberra Raiders (1-0) v Melbourne Storm (1-0)
- The Storm have won 13 of their last 16 NRL games against the Raiders in Canberra.
- Canberra have won four of their last six home games, despite only being ahead at half-time in two of those contests.
Brisbane Broncos (0-1) v North Queensland Cowboys (1-0)
- Four of the last seven NRL games between the Broncos and Cowboys have been decided by just one point. Three have been decided in Golden Point and there has been one further instance of extra time.
- The Cowboys' Gavin Cooper has scored a try in each of his last three meetings with the Broncos. His tally of nine career tries against the Broncos is the joint-most he has managed against any team (also nine tries against Cronulla Sharks).
Cronulla Sharks (0-1) v Gold Coast Titans (0-1)
- The Titans gained just 842 metres over the advantage line in their round-one loss to the Raiders. Only once in the past six seasons have they made less yardage in a game (816m v Penrith Panthers in round six, 2018).
- Cronulla's Shaun Johnson has been directly involved in 27 tries in his last 14 appearances against the Titans (11 tries, 16 assists).
Newcastle Knights (1-0) v Penrith Panthers (0-1)
- The Knights are looking to make it back-to-back wins against the Panthers for the first time since they won five in a row from 2011 to 2013.
- The Panthers have not led at half-time in any of their last eight NRL away games, but they nevertheless won four of those contests.
Manly Sea Eagles (0-1) v Sydney Roosters (0-1)
Mitchell Aubusson of the Roosters made 52 tackles in round one, the most by any player not to miss a single attempt.
Joel Thompson is set to make his 200th NRL appearance. In his last three games against the Roosters, he has only missed one tackle in 89 attempts.
Canterbury Bulldogs (0-1) v Parramatta Eels (1-0)
- The Eels have won five of their last six NRL games against the Bulldogs, but neither side has managed to score more than 20 points in a game in that period.
- The Bulldogs made just five errors in round one, the fewest of any team, despite losing heavily to New Zealand Warriors. The last time they made fewer errors in a game was in round 23 of the 2014 season (4).
Wests Tigers (1-0) v New Zealand Warriors (1-0)
- The Warriors have lost four of their last five games against Wests Tigers, but won the last meeting 26-4.
- These two teams missed fewer tackles than any other sides in round one of the season (Warriors 16, Wests Tigers 21).
19 de abril 2019
|Capitals´ Reirden heated after hit on ´defenseless´ Oshie|
|Brady, Edelman react to Gronkowski denting the Lombardi Trophy|
|Koulibaly not drawn on future after Napoli loss|
|Ancelotti backs Napoli squad despite Europa League disappointment|
|Ajax in Champions League semis is ´crazy´, says Vertonghen|
|Pochettino reflects on ´bad feelings´ during dramatic win|
|Embiid to miss 76ers´ game three against Nets|
|Lowry leads RBC Heritage, Johnson makes good start|
|Benfica boss Lage bemused by touchline dismissal|
|Arsenal favourites for Europa League - Marcelino|
|Milner hoping for third time lucky at Barcelona|
|This Week in US Sports: Lightning handed historic loss, Red Sox massively hungover|
|Emery expects Ramsey to be out for ´some weeks´|
|NFL Draft 2019: Should Cardinals take Murray or stick with Rosen?|
|It´s a big problem – Sarri baffled by Chelsea´s second-half woes|
|Hazard knock ´nothing serious´, hopes Sarri|
|Drop in intensity caused Chelsea´s Europa League fright – Giroud|
18 de abril 2019
|Focused Crawford welcomes Sugar Ray Leonard comparisons|
|Giants GM Dave Gettleman shuts down Josh Rosen trade talk|
|Cas hold off Wakefield to win thrilling derby|
|Arsenal saw off Napoli with spirit - Koscielny|
|Napoli 0 Arsenal 1 (0-3 agg): Lacazette stunner sees Gunners coast through|
|Eintracht Frankfurt 2 Benfica 0 (4-4 agg): Hutter´s men through on away goals after controversial Ko|
|Chelsea 4 Slavia Prague 3 (5-3 agg): Sarri´s men reach semis despite alarming second half|
|Valencia 2 Villarreal 0 (5-1 agg): Lato and Parejo set up Arsenal semi-final clash|
|Sharapova comeback delayed after Stuttgart withdrawal|
|Arsenal hit the front despite Ramsey blow|
|Liverpool to match Barcelona´s ticket prices and subsidise supporters|
|Manchester City lay on Wembley coaches for fans|
|Pandya brothers, Chahar and Bumrah star in comprehensive Mumbai win|
|Rose, Smalling and Deeney launch PFA anti-racism campaign #Enough|
|Hazard set for second Europa League start of season|
|Thiem beaten in Monte Carlo, serene progress for Nadal and Djokovic|
|Manchester United face ´really tough´ trip to Everton, warns Silva|
|The NFL is a business - Josh Rosen has no complaints about Cardinals trade rumours|
|Tiger Woods´ Masters win hailed as ´greatest comeback´ by Michael Jordan|
|Pellegrini: Wilshere can provide ´a good injection´|
|Eredivisie fixtures move boosts Ajax´s Champions League bid|
|Nobody believed in Spurs´ destiny, says Pochettino|
|Real Madrid have €500m to spend, says Capello|
|Simeone: Positives of ´animal´ Costa outweigh negatives|
|Nadal outclasses Dimitrov to rack up 70th Monte Carlo win|
|Joshua opponent to be confirmed next week - Hearn|
|Focusing after Champions League euphoria is difficult, concedes Pochettino|
|Khedira to undergo knee surgery|
|No place for Amir in Pakistan World Cup squad|
|With Harry Kane all is possible - Pochettino not ruling out return for Spurs striker|
|Kovac won´t rush Neuer back from latest injury|
|Milner expecting Manchester City reaction against Spurs|
|Messi criticism in Argentina unfair, says Simeone|
|Djokovic breezes through in blustery Monte Carlo|
|Sharks storm back to down fast-starting Panthers|
|Sydney FC 1 Perth Glory 0: Premiers Plate winners downed by Le Fondre|
|Amla pips Hendricks to Proteas World Cup place|
|Horn confident he can deliver if he gets shot at Brook|
|O´Sullivan to face amateur Cahill in World Championship opener|
|McLeish leaves Scotland role after Kazakhstan debacle|
|Manchester City v Tottenham and the greatest Champions League matches in history|
|Barton denies allegations after Barnsley complaint|
|Napoli defender Koulibaly worth €150m, says Ancelotti|
|Barcelona book reunion with Iniesta, Villa on Japan tour|
|Irving: There´s ´nothing like´ delivering for the Celtics in the playoffs|
|Facing Messi will be hard, says Van Dijk|
|Chandimal misses out on Sri Lanka´s World Cup squad|
|Champions League: Ajax v Tottenham, Liverpool v Barcelona semi-final dates confirmed|
|We´re almost there - Harden sees Rockets peaking in playoffs|
|Hazard is Chelsea´s best foreign player, says Zola|
|Bernardo Silva: Man City want titles, not Spurs revenge|
|Giannis has faith in Budenholzer to keep him fresh|
|Ireland skipper Best to retire after World Cup|