A clash between St George Illawarra Dragons and South Sydney Rabbitohs will kick off round two of the 2019 NRL season on Thursday.
The Bunnies claimed the standout result of week one, beating city rivals and defending champions Sydney Roosters 26-16 at the SCG.
That win owed much to Sam Burgess and Cameron Murray, who each made an impact in attack and defence.
Details of their impressive showings are included in our look at the best Opta facts for the upcoming fixtures.
St George Illawarra Dragons (0-1) v South Sydney Rabbitohs (1-0)
- The Rabbitohs have won eight of their last 10 NRL games against the Dragons, coming from behind to win by a solitary point in their most recent encounter.
- Bunnies duo Sam Burgess (21 carries, 23 tackles) and Cameron Murray (20 carries, 30 tackles) were two of only three players to make at least 20 carries and at least 20 tackles in round one (also David Klemmer - 20 carries, 27 tackles).
Canberra Raiders (1-0) v Melbourne Storm (1-0)
- The Storm have won 13 of their last 16 NRL games against the Raiders in Canberra.
- Canberra have won four of their last six home games, despite only being ahead at half-time in two of those contests.
Brisbane Broncos (0-1) v North Queensland Cowboys (1-0)
- Four of the last seven NRL games between the Broncos and Cowboys have been decided by just one point. Three have been decided in Golden Point and there has been one further instance of extra time.
- The Cowboys' Gavin Cooper has scored a try in each of his last three meetings with the Broncos. His tally of nine career tries against the Broncos is the joint-most he has managed against any team (also nine tries against Cronulla Sharks).
Cronulla Sharks (0-1) v Gold Coast Titans (0-1)
- The Titans gained just 842 metres over the advantage line in their round-one loss to the Raiders. Only once in the past six seasons have they made less yardage in a game (816m v Penrith Panthers in round six, 2018).
- Cronulla's Shaun Johnson has been directly involved in 27 tries in his last 14 appearances against the Titans (11 tries, 16 assists).
Newcastle Knights (1-0) v Penrith Panthers (0-1)
- The Knights are looking to make it back-to-back wins against the Panthers for the first time since they won five in a row from 2011 to 2013.
- The Panthers have not led at half-time in any of their last eight NRL away games, but they nevertheless won four of those contests.
Manly Sea Eagles (0-1) v Sydney Roosters (0-1)
Mitchell Aubusson of the Roosters made 52 tackles in round one, the most by any player not to miss a single attempt.
Joel Thompson is set to make his 200th NRL appearance. In his last three games against the Roosters, he has only missed one tackle in 89 attempts.
Canterbury Bulldogs (0-1) v Parramatta Eels (1-0)
- The Eels have won five of their last six NRL games against the Bulldogs, but neither side has managed to score more than 20 points in a game in that period.
- The Bulldogs made just five errors in round one, the fewest of any team, despite losing heavily to New Zealand Warriors. The last time they made fewer errors in a game was in round 23 of the 2014 season (4).
Wests Tigers (1-0) v New Zealand Warriors (1-0)
- The Warriors have lost four of their last five games against Wests Tigers, but won the last meeting 26-4.
- These two teams missed fewer tackles than any other sides in round one of the season (Warriors 16, Wests Tigers 21).
25 de abril 2019
|Copa Libertadores Review: River Plate advance, Boca Juniors held|
|Kovac unsure about contentious penalty decision|
|Kerr calls Lillard´s game-winner against Thunder a ´good shot´|
|Griezmann important for future at Atletico – Simeone|
|Russell ´definitely´ wants to stay with Nets|
|Fernandinho to have scan on knee injury|
|Top prospect Guerrero called up by Blue Jays|
|Solskjaer agrees with Keane that United need ´right characters´|
|Emery not blaming Leno for Wolves loss|
|Guardiola ´likes to be critical´ of Man City derby hero Sane|
|Kruse bemoans ´ridiculous´ penalty in DFB-Pokal semi-final|
|Lazio condemn ´simplistic´ reporting of alleged racist incidents|
|Solskjaer: United not good enough to match City|
|Keane takes aim at Fred for ´cheating´ in Man United´s derby defeat|
|Kompany: Still all to play for in Premier League title race|
24 de abril 2019
|Rashford: We did not play like Manchester United|
|Arsenal can still secure top-four spot - Emery|
|Guardiola and Man City break records in derby win at Old Trafford|
|Kvitova eases through in Stuttgart, Istanbul seeds tumble|
|Manchester United 0 Manchester City 2: Silva & Sane send visitors back to summit|
|AC Milan 0 Lazio 1 (agg 0-1): Correa winner earns Inzaghi´s men revenge|
|Werder Bremen 2 Bayern Munich 3: Lewandowski double sends Kovac´s men into final|
|Wolves 3 Arsenal 1: Stunning first-half display hurts Gunners´ top-four hopes|
|Ferrer to face Nadal in Barcelona as Fognini withdraws|
|United States earn ODI status for first time|
|Bordalas wary of ´awesome´ Benzema|
|Atletico Madrid 3 Valencia 2: Late Correa stunner seals win as Barca´s title party is delayed|
|Keane on Pogba: I wouldn´t believe a word he says|
|De Villiers, Stoinis inspire in-form RCB to another win|
|Gayle & Russell headline Windies World Cup squad|
|Former Barcelona chief Rosell acquitted of money laundering|
|United v City: Darmian and Pereira in as Solskjaer wields axe|
|Mourinho: Some players might think I´m a b******|
|Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe? Who is Europe´s most prolific young goalscorer?|
|Steelers sign Roethlisberger to two-year contract extension|
|Frank Lampard charged with misconduct by FA|
|Zidane: Bale sale not required to sign Hazard|
|Player sacked after missing Panenka in shoot-out loss|
|FA welcomes anti-racism manifesto backed by Sterling|
|Ravens make Tucker highest-paid kicker in NFL|
|Nadal fights back to halt Mayer in Barcelona|
|Springbok De Jager sold on three-year Sale deal|
|AFC Champions League Review: Holders Kashima Antlers suffer first defeat|
|Alaphilippe defends Fleche Wallonne title in tight finish|
|Cowboys pick up Ezekiel Elliott´s fifth-year option|
|Champions Cup final quintet nominated for European Player of the Year|
|NFL Draft 2019: How does Kyler Murray compare to QBs taken first overall?|
|Pukki, Sharp and Abraham top PFA Championship Team of the Year|
|Mourinho recharged by rest but not planning Premier League return|
|Pro14 set for brotherly battle as Jerry Sexton joins Southern Kings|
|Sometimes things I want don´t happen – Zidane cagey over futures of Navas, Courtois|
|Hamilton desperate to improve on Baku struggles|
|Chelsea winger Hudson-Odoi undergoes successful surgery|
|F1 Raceweek: Hamilton and Bottas seeking historic one-two - Azerbaijan GP in numbers|
|LaLiga is the primary goal – Zidane out to end Barca´s recent dominance next term|
|NRL Opta facts: Roosters hoping to address poor ANZAC Day record|
|Ulreich: Nubel should hold off on Bayern Munich move|
|Almiron a doubt for Copa America due to hamstring injury|
|I´m still a Manchester United fan - Blind hopeful of resurgence under Solskjaer|
|Golden Knights blast ´embarrassing´ penalty call in dramatic Sharks defeat|
|Rangnick lauds RB Leipzig´s unique rise|
|Turin to host ATP Finals from 2021 to 2025|
|Chelsea manager Sarri charged by FA|
|I was just waving goodbye to them - Lillard sends Thunder packing|
|Manchester United players will have no hiding place against City - Solskjaer|
|Ortiz will not replace Miller to fight Joshua|
|United v City: De Gea, Pogba and the Red Devils´ stars in need of a ´reality check´|
|United v City: Aguero ready to shine after Old Trafford absences|
|Ferguson convinced me to take up management – Milosevic´s road to Partizan|
|United v City: Solskjaer out to correct Manchester derby record|